Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Choose to Return

With the temptation, there is a way of escape, but the simple plastic pleasure overwhelms me. When I let it come so close, it blocks out all the beauty far away and for a moment it’s all I want. But once I reach out my hand to touch it, all the joy it promised melts away leaving only a hollow shell to echo the guilt I now feel.

The problem is that sin, brought so close blocks the light that once warmed my heart. No, the sin itself does not block the light, but I must choose to turn away from It to indulge my desire. Once turned away, I have rejected all that is good and true and light and joy in one simple action.

Turning back is hard, but/because it forces me to humbly crawl back to the only one who can give me what I desire. In my stupidity I first turned away, but in his ever-present grace, I am welcomed back again and again if I will only choose to return.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts, questions, reactions? Let me know using the comment form below. Please note, due to the nature of this blog, all comments are held for moderation before they will appear on this page.